Ten days later, my phone and internet service are back up. I've been with Bell Atlantic -> Verizon since I moved to the Philly area in the mid 1980s, and tolerably happy with them, until now. I won't go into my struggles with them since 6/2, but it wasn't pleasant. The wheel had to do a lot of squeaking.
And now, onward.
I see my story at SH earned quite a bit of comment, mostly unfavorable, on buymeaclue's LJ. Read and noted, but in keeping with Evelyn Waugh's prescription, "Never apologize, never explain," I won't.
The girls have been after a mouse again. A lawless rascal of a mouse, they tell me. A hardened criminal of the worst sort. Best leave it to us, sir. Don't involve yourself, we'll handle this.
Five recent truths:
1. Learn the rules. Trust them, believe them, follow them unquestioningly.
2. Know when to break the rules.
3. The toddler knows few natural predators, save for the stealthy coffee table.
4. The bowels are the windows of the soul.
5. Princes are in a state of nature.
meaning: repel, reject
排斥運動 == haisekiundou == (noun) agitation for explusion
Originally represented an empty building. Current meanings are borrowed. Henshall suggests taking it as an 'axe' (斤) plus a stroke indicating the axe coming down, and as a mnemonic: 'Repelled by axe coming down.'